About Local Coordinators
Local Coordinators are the partner library staff primarily responsible for reference and/or information services at their institution. At least one staff member from each partner library is required to represent their library on the Local Coordinators team.
To ensure communications continuity, we recommend adding an alternate local coordinator contact. Additional staff may participate at the discretion of individual partner libraries.
AskAway Local Coordinators:
- Act as a contact at their institution for AskAway
- Advise and assist BC ELN in the coordination of service staffing, training, and marketing
- Advise and assist in the establishment and maintenance of chat reference policies and procedures
- Act as a QuestionPoint technical support person at their institution for AskAway
Important Links for Local Coordinators
- Local Coordinator's Manual
- Checklist for the Beginning of Term
- Creating New QuestionPoint Accounts for Service Providers
- Policy Page Template
- Service Guidelines for Service Providers